We have an ongoing commitment to providing therapy services throughout the current coronavirus situation and the spread of COVID-19. Keeping our clients and their families safe and healthy is our top priority.
Return of face-to-face services
We’re now offering face-to-face services again in addition to online therapy. These services are available on a case-by-case basis, depending on the needs and preferences of each family. Please contact us to discuss your therapy needs and how we can best work with your family.
In accordance with government advice, we are collecting details from visitors to our premises, in case they are needed for contact tracing purposes. When making and/or confirming appointments we might ask questions about you and other members of your household, including; COVID symptoms, contact with others who have tested COVID positive and recent interstate or overseas travel. Depending upon your answers, some appointments may need to be re-scheduled.
Kites Therapy Services
Therapy services available include:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Pathology
Online therapy services can be by phone, Skype, Zoom or FaceTime, which means you can receive services in your own home via whatever mode of communication you and your child prefer.
You do not need expensive equipment or technology to use online therapy – all you need is a smart phone.
Benefits of online therapy services include:
- More frequent contact with your therapist
- Increased flexibility with scheduling appointments
- Reduced travel and travel costs for families
- Reduced risks to yourself and your family in leaving your home
- Increased family engagement during sessions
- Less disruption to your family routine
- Increased confidence and empowerment for parents following the sessions
Your therapist will be in touch to arrange an appointment through this service so you can receive ongoing care and support.
Online therapy service appointments will be scheduled at a time that suits you. If you do decide to cancel, please give us 48 hours’ notice, or service fees will still apply as per the NDIS cancellation policy.
All our therapists will strictly comply with procedures recommended by the Department of Health.
We appreciate your patience and understanding while these changes are put in place.
Our online group programs are tailored for both early intervention and school aged children and will keep your kids engaged, busy, active and working on skills to reach their therapy goals.
Please check our Facebook page to see when our programs are scheduled.
What you can do
We encourage our clients to continue to stay safe and that includes:
- Being mindful of social distancing, ideally keeping 1.5 metres apart from anyone else
- Washing your hands and your child’s hands with soap and water (preferable) or sanitiser where not available
- Contacting your GP if you feel you or your family members are developing any symptoms which may be COVID-19 related, and of course letting us know should this arise
- Limiting any large social gatherings
- Regularly spraying down hard surfaces and tops
- Minimising physical contact with the elderly and people at high risk, especially people with suppressed immune systems or ongoing health conditions
How we will keep you informed
We will be providing updates on our services on our website as well as through social media, text or email.
With the introduction of social distancing and self-isolation, it is now more important than ever before to stay in contact with your friends, family and loved ones. If you ever need extra support, reach out to us.
If you have any questions regarding our services, don’t hesitate to contact us on (03) 6245 9232 or email email@example.com.
Further information on COVID-19
The Australian Government’s Department of Health website provides up-to-date information about COVID-19. The National Disability Insurance Agency is also providing information which may assist your family.